Yesterday I shared my bedroom window treatment update. I am not prepared to do a tutorial on anything just yet, mostly because I am less than diligent at the whole taking pictures throughout the entire DIY process….. but I am working on that and I promise I will post a few tutorials in the future. For now here are a few shots of my roman shade makeover.
I let the shade all the way down and laid it face down on the fabric and pinned along the top. I was lucky, this shade velcros to the mechanical piece that operates it so it made it easier to work with!
Theres the pins along the top and now you see what I mean about it detaching.
I sewed the side partially but I found that after breaking a few (3) sewing machine needles I decided that this wasn’t the best method. Because of the dowels it was really hard to secure it so I just ended up tacking the side at every dowel point by hand.
and once again the finished product!